LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh WT   20 August 2017

legal heir certificate

My father died 47 years back but we don't have his DC . He died in vellore and can't find a copy. 
My mother died a year back and we have her DC . now we need legal heir certificate from tahsildar (to claim bank account). She was drawing can ly pension from TN state govt for 47 years. Now to issue LH certificate Tahsildar office want my fathers Death certificate also. How to solve. Please guide us.

my mother died last year and she was drawing family pension since my father's death for 47 years. I have her DC and other docs. but Tahsildar want my fathers DC which was issued 47 years back and we don't have that. how to resolve the matter

Learning

2 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     20 August 2017

Hi, in my opinion, what you can do is apply for a duplicate death certificate, that is have a new one made from the nearest Tehsildar's office (assuming it's within the jurisdiction of which your father resided/passed away.) As the event is decades old, perhaps you may have to pay a considerable fine.

Ramesh WT   20 August 2017

hi,thanks for suggested. actually according to a notary only 30 yes back dated Docs maintained at small municipal towns

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register