LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gaurav   27 July 2017

Withheld pf (employer contribution) bank

Hi, I have been working with SBI for 4 years from 2011(april)-2015(Aug) before I resigned (volutary vaccated post) due to Medical reasons. Now after 2 years my terminal benefits have been paid but the Employer contribution of PF has been withheld. I was told that it is policy of bank to not to pay Bank's contribution in case servicce period is less than 5 years. Now I am aware bank PF doesn't come under EPFO and they may have their own rules regarding the payment of PF but is it valid to withold PF by giving reasoning of Policy or can it (policy) be contested in court? Amount is not much (1.5lacs Approx) but is it justified to withhold employee PF? Plz guide me if my case holds any merit ?

Learning

8 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 July 2017

Do you have PF rules and said policy of M/s SBI?

Has M/s SBI stated so in writing?

gaurav   27 July 2017

I have received email about the same from the branch manager of last Branch I was posted in and he has sent me the said policy document through email. The detail of the email is as under

"In continuation of our earlier mail please find enclosed copy of instructions in which it is mentioned clearly that  if any member shall cease to be in service of  the Bank before completion of a service of five years with the Bank, he shall be entitled to receive only amount of his own contribution of the provident fund.

The calculation sheet of Provident fund will be sent to you as soon as it is received from the PPG department, LHO Chandigarh."

You can check the attached dcoument here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/0i8wrndz6wad1mc/Scan10001.PDF?dl=0

I have also filed an RTI for the same asking about the reasons for the same that I can have hard copy of said policy Officialy.

Regards

PS: SBI is State Bank of India

(Guest)

Go through the PF rules of SBI.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 August 2017

Appeal under proper acknowledgment to release the withheld portion.

gaurav   02 August 2017

it appears that according to PF rules of Banks one is not eligible for employer contirbuton of PF if one leaves job before 5 years,

atleast that is what it says on service rule book of State bank of India.

So is there an option to appeal? and if so plz guide how to do so?

As per limited portion posted by you it is Trustee....

gaurav   02 August 2017

Originally posted by : Kumar Doab
As per limited portion posted by you it is Trustee....

I am  Sorry but I dont really have any clue what it means if it is a trustee for PF?

can I appeal?

Makina request or appeal is not a misconduct or offence.

Take help of Bank employees union leaders...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register