Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Hring a lawyer - as a defendant

hello,

i received a partition suit notice and i am one f the 8 defendants listed in the suit. this is for our ancestral property in andhra pradesh. i never dealt wtih any legal case as such in the past.. so little ignorant on this thing here.
if i had to hire a lawyer for this, do i need to hire him for the entire case or just for a hearing.?
i am being advised by some that on ,if am on a defendnat side, then i can just hire for that hearing and dont want to look for someone to handle the entire case.
it is true that the legal expense is usually less on a defendant side compared to a plaintiff ..
or what sort of a expectation do  i need to sort forth wtih my lawyer if am on a defendant side and to fix a rate card for this case.

Learning

4 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     22 July 2017

It is the general conception. It is better that you engage a lawyer for entire case as it would help a lawyer to understand the entire case and to defend the case with proper line of defence. The fee structure depends on the discretion of lawyer.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     22 July 2017

If really you need to defend the case then without a lawyer it is impossible to procced the case. Hiring a lawyer for full course of case will help you  as suggested by the learned friend.

Vinay   22 July 2017

where is the suit property, call me at 9873751988

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 July 2017

The defense lawyer is obligated to hold strictly confidential all conversations and other communications with the defendant, including all information which the defense lawyer receives from the defendant during the course of representation. The defense lawyer must pursue the representation conscientiously and without delay. So select a reliable lawyer from this panel of lawyers on this portal.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register