Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GN (SSE)     19 July 2017

What if divorce notice not accepted by wife?

Hi,

My friend is one of the victim of laws favouring women.

His wife has filed the 498 A against him, without any reason. And after that she filed the case for maintenence. Court has ordered friend to give Rs .20,000/- p.m. as maintenece amount.
He regularly attends all dates, but he found that his wife does not come for 498 A case hearing, as her cross is about to take place.

Second thing, my friend has filed divorce in district place court and couple of notices are sent to her, but 1st time, door locked remark came and second time he sent registered notice, but no reply yet.

How can this should be handled, as friend has brought court's attention that she is just coming to court for collecting cheque for maintenence, but not other dates and also not ready to come back.

Learning

4 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     19 July 2017

Sir, 

She is playing with your friend's life ... take ex-parte divorce decree and if required go for quashing of the Chargesheet if she has filed a false and frivilous... Moreover she is not coming forward to support her 498A will also become a good ground for quashing of the case.... 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 July 2017

When you want to send a registered post cover and are apprehensive:

Request the Sub/Postmaster to verifiy the contents...............

Obtain POD and certified copy of run sheet of postman against fee of Rs.10/ and even under RTI....

Emma   09 August 2017

Hello everybody! Thanks to all for detailed answer, which I was looking for. I want to write my speech about divorces and that is why I am looking for any information, connected with this issue. If somebody can suggest any useful source about family law, I will be very thankful.

patricialamber   22 February 2021

Thanks for sharing this type of interesting information. I have bookmarked it to read again. When you order an essay on the web, you hope to get the substance of top quality right on time, yet you likely would prefer not to spend your month-to-month spending plan on it. If you need to buy synopsis writing services online, please go to our web- it is a good opportunity to find out new information and do your task faster and more quality. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register