LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srinivas (excetutive)     10 July 2017

Advise him

One of my friend working in Public enterprises. He submitted all his documents including DOB certificates at the time of joining. Unfortunately some mistake happen on his date of birth entry (2 years early he is retiring(31.08.2017) Since 1998 he is doing correspondence regarding wrong entry of DOB. for that he submitted all his proofs including study certificate. They rejected all his requests. I advised him to consult legal adviser. before going to LA I want to know from you is he get justice?

Learning

8 Replies

ashok (advocate)     10 July 2017

off course

Adv.Lalit Prakash Vaidya   11 July 2017

yes. last options is filing misselliouns application in the court for correction in the date of birth. along with all documents. Make party to issuing authority. after filing the application court order for paper publication.after one month you filed affidavit in the court after that court dirceted to concern authority to make correction. then you applied for fresh birth certificate along with court order. and you will get corrected birth cettificate.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     11 July 2017

Since you've all  the  necessary  proofs to get your correct date of Birth  entered you can get changed your DOB in your office records.

•    
  •    
    You must follow the prodedure given below to correct your DOB.

1. For getting the date of birth changed in your date of birth certificate first you have to prove your correct date of birth by showing supporting documents like mark sheet of 10th or any other relevant document subject to the satisfaction of authority going to order change in you date of birth certificate.

2. After arranging the proof of your correct date of birth you have two options as follows:

i. Visit your local municipality and discuss the matter with the concerned person. Go through the procedure informed by him and file an application for getting the date of birth changed in your date of birth certificate.
    ii. Alternatively file a civil suit in the Court of your Jurisdiction. In this civil suit submit all relevant proof of your date of birth and prove that the date of birth on the date of birth certificate is incorrect and seek directions from the court to the concerned authorities (usually local municipal in most of the states) to correct the date of birth on your date of birth certificate and issue a fresh date of birth certificate to you.

3. You may find it a bit difficult to handle the above procedure if your previous experience to handle local Government is nil. In that case I would suggest you to take the help of someone who knows how to deal with these things and people. You may also get in touch with local advocate to get the things done quickly for a reasonable fee.

I hope the above suggestion would be of some  help.

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 July 2017

Mistake in Date of Birth could be corrected, but not on the eve of retirement. The extant norm is that correction in DoB needs to be initiated within 5 years of commencement of service/employment,

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     11 July 2017

date of birth of original certificate cannot be changed  however, other documents can be corrected on the basis of original date of birth certificate.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 July 2017

Originally posted by : srinivas
One of my friend working in Public enterprises. He submitted all his documents including DOB certificates at the time of joining. Unfortunately some mistake happen on his date of birth entry (2 years early he is retiring(31.08.2017) Since 1998 he is doing correspondence regarding wrong entry of DOB. for that he submitted all his proofs including study certificate. They rejected all his requests. I advised him to consult legal adviser. before going to LA I want to know from you is he get justice?

Did he get any reply in 1998, or 1999? 

srinivas (excetutive)     11 July 2017

No response from department. now they are questioning before 5 years back you would have apply for that.   he showed document evidence after that there is no reply.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 July 2017

After that there is NO reply becuase there is Nothing tangible and prudent to reply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register