LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aruna (housewife)     04 July 2017

Rented house gets locked up by court order

Have rented a property in bangalore for 11months with proper agreement . 3oth June 2017 it expired.owner said you can stay 1 more month. On 3rd July when returned from work there is a noticnotice of court and the premises is locked. How to get the things inside. There Seems to be a case betweenbank and the owner from 2015 and owner never told me . I need to get things from inside and also my advance of 2lacs. Please advice

Learning

4 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     04 July 2017

File a rent control case against the landlord for recovery of your belongiings in  the locked rented house and also your advance of Rs. 2 lacs from the landlord.You will get  your  relief prayed for.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 July 2017

Whether extention of one month was written or oral? If oral, it has no value otherwise, issue notice to landlord and the bank, which has locked/sealed the demised premises.

However, instead of involving yourself in the loan case of landlord and the banker (who has stated to have locked/sealed) you should concentrate on your articles and security amount, for which discuss with landlord before following legal remedy which may be restored after failed discussion.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 July 2017

Agreed with experts.

Resolve your matter, collect your articles, refund and bid goodbye.

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     04 July 2017

Approach the court of whose order the rented premises was sealed by way of application u/s. 151 CPC and explain the circumstances and also that your belongings are lying inside the sealed prtemises. You pray for collection of your articles from the tenanted premises. For your advance of Rs.2.00 lac you are required to file suit for recover against the landlord. Consult a lawyer with details.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register