LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GUVVA ANJANEYULU   04 July 2017

Gratuity case

Dear Sirs, I have been retired on 31.10.2015. Approval has been accorded by the competent authority of Singareni Collieries Company Ltd for hiring services. Now, I am working as Consultant and attending to the land acquisition works of Singareni Thermal Power Plant from 30.11.2015. In the office order quarter accommodation provision is mentioned to allot at Srirampur Area. A note was also approved by the competenat authority to stay at Q.No. C-43, Sector-I Colony, Godavarikhani till completion of my consultant period ie. 30.11.2017, where I was stayed while I was discharging my duties as Estaes Officer. My gratuity is not paid till date.I have put up an application dated: 05.10.2015to the employer, The Singareni Collieries Company Limited, represented by its General Manager, Srirampur Area, Mancherial District for Payment of gratuity before thirty days of the date of superannuation on retirement in FORM ‘I’under Sub-rule (1) of Rule 7 of the Payment of Gratuity (Central) Rules, 1972. On 26.11.2016 I have been vacated the said quarter,submitted application for gratuity enclosing Q.vacation certificate and approval note. But not released my gratuity till date. I have also submitted petition for direction before the Controlling Authority under the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 in FORM 'N' [See sub-rule (i) of rule 10]. Four adjournments have been completed, but the Management did not file the counter affidavvit. At this juncture please advise me what I have to do? What is the final out come would be from ALC, Ramagundam. Is there any oppartunity to get the gratuity 20 lakhs which will be effective from 01.01.2016, as i have not get the same till date? Yours faithfully, GUVVA ANJANEYULU, Rtd. Estates Officer, SCCL

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 July 2017

If you have complied with all directions then matter may be decided in your favor.

darshana sawant (associate consultant)     06 July 2017

Dear Sir,

If you have given your gratuitycalculation in your claim, even if they do not submit reply, the Authority will decide the claim exparte.  The maximum payable gratuity is Rs. 10 lakhs and whatever amendment to this amount in future will be prospective and not retrospective.  But the Authority will grant interest to you till date.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 July 2017

Agreed with Ms darshana sawant. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register