LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

K. Vadivel Murugan (dgm)     28 June 2017

Need help urgently

my cousin got married on 09.05.2016, her husband is working with TCS chennai n getting a salary of about 70000.00 per month. i am putting the information from my cousin's view: i lost my father at the age of 10 yrs n living with my mother only. i am very good at studies n an engg graduate. very good in tanjore painting and other art works.my father left me good amount of wealth. after engagement we were chatting over phone n during that period he was always asking about my whereabouts. if i was not attending the phone, he was making me cry. my well wishers told me that out of possessiveness he behaved like that. i believed n thought it was love. always he was talking about his family n fond of eating. we had fighting on the previous day of marriage too. we had been to thailand for honeymoon for a week. there also after hearing his mother over phone he made me cry. always he was criticizing about my close relatives n bullying me for no reason. these things i did not disclose to anyone. we came back and started living in thiruvanmiyur, chennai. all house hold items were mine. earlier i used to chat with my cousins through watsapp. after sometime he started abusing my relatives daily. his working time is like this, he call his client at 10.30 am daily then he leaves for his office. he comes back around 12.30 pm for lunch n leaves by 2.00 pm for work since office is closer to my house. by 5 pm he is back from office. his mother calls over phone in the morning 9.00 am for half an hour chat, in the afternoon for half an hour n in the night for one hour after 10.30 pm daily. though these things were happening from the beginning i didnt mind these. s*xual life was also not satisfactory... most of the time for his wishes only n sometime by his force. becoz of his working timing, most of the time he used to be in house abusing my relatives. i should not go to market n no relatives house ( my mother's sister lives in velachery just 7 kms away). sometimes we go for outing n have verbal abuses from him leading to quarrels. but whatever fight we had he always wanted s*x. then he started physical abuse by hitting me n shouting me. whenever we had fight, he used to say that he did unintentionally. whenever he shouts he will tell me to go out with my things.sometimes he used to ask about my property details n if i didn't tell then he would abuse me badly. he started telling me that he will give divorce n not interested in marriage. his back ground is not wealthy n he is purely dependent on his salary. after six months of marriage he told that he will buy a flat on loan which i didn't agree resulting in verbal abuses. then he bought a car on loan against my wishes recently. already he is having royal enfield bike. he applied for credit card also recently. i'm living with mental torture. 15 days back we had a fight in the night next day morning he phoned my mother n told that i was unfit for marriage and he would give divorce. i lost hope n i told him that i'll be with my mother for sometime. but he not allowed to go. he started to abuse me badly n out of frustration i left house in house coat to my mother's sister house with no baggage which he not allowed me. i requested him to come for counselling also which he straight away rejected. i lost hope on him fully now. but my relatives are telling me adjust with him n continue. kindly help me. if required i will send details more clearly.

Learning

5 Replies

Born Fighter (xxx)     29 June 2017

Dont rush, give some time and with help of elders try to amicably settle the matter. Dont take any legal steps . Once you go to police/court the doors of reconciliation mostly closes  Be independent, start working.  You need to take decision based on next few weeks progress. 

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     29 June 2017

Hi, you can file for divorce on grounds of cruelty, he has been constantly subjecting you to what the court may term in some cases as mental as well as physical torture. (Constantly abusing you, hitting you etc.) In Asha v Baldev, the court had held in favor of wife, where the wife is illtreated and beat up, though the injuries were not serious, it would amount to cruelty.

Please remember, husband and wife are entitled to live as equals. Mutual respect and mutual trust are two things which are very essential to the foundation of a healthy marriage.   

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 June 2017

Please post the simple facts.

A walk alone (-)     30 June 2017

Your husband need counselling.If you want to continue your marriage, then wait for some time and try to take help of marriage counselor to solve problems. Marriage counselor can suggest you better way to solve problem.If problems can't sort out and you dnt want to continue relationship then go MCD.

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 July 2017

All that I had intented "simple facts" is that immediate and relevant facts alone should be posted; subjective opinions and adjectives, necessarily, could have  been avoided. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register