Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal (Sales)     22 June 2017

Concern of misuse of trfr of property act from unsound wife!

Dear Expert team

This post is a continuation to my previous Post Threat to My wife.. Currently my Mother have two houses out of which one of the house has a Joint Name In my Mother, Myself and My Wife. My mother has gone out of the way to Sell her Single house which was in her name inspite of being Alive to Give us a roof so that we would live peaceful life but things have turned the Ugly way. 90 percent of the cost of the house was financed by my mother through cheques and rest 10 percent by me that too through cheques itself. My Wifes contribution towards the house was ZERO. We have put her name to as to assure her of Security and roof over her head in Good faith.

Now my wife has threatened to transfer her share to Either her sister in Law who is a Rouge or to Any third person who is not a family member and teach me and my mother a unforgettable lesson. She wants me to Give her General power of attorney , remove my mothers name from the existing house failing which she has threated with Dire consequences.

I would need you advise and help as to is there any provison in the LAW to safeguard the co-owners interstest 

Rgds

Harrased Husband 

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 June 2017

Pls post the link of previous thread or continue in previous thread so that it is easy to relate.

Is share of each mentioned in sale deed say; 1/3rd, equal or say 90%,10%?

Don't sign any POA.

Your mother alone can by her sweet will dispsoe her share/estate.

No one including but not limited to your wife can remove her share.

Vishal (Sales)     22 June 2017

This is the link

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=150877&offset=1

The Share which she is threatning to DISPOSE off is her ( wifes ) Share to any third person who is not a family member. I feel Like a hostage Trapped with no where to escape. Every day and night I am shrouded in worries as to when will the floodgates open. How do I get out of it... We have all the financial evidence to prove the purchse of house was done almost fully by my mother... with ZERO contribution from her Side.. 

You have recieved responses in other thread.

It is felt that in joint holding property like this preference should be to other holders/Co-sharer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register