LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Singhal (Finance Professional)     15 June 2017

Right of married daughter in father's self acquired property

Dear Experts, I would like to place a query before you for your kind guidance. We are Hindus. My father recently died intestate leaving behind him self acquired house and other self acquired property. My two elder sisters were married long before his death. In our home me, my younger brother and my mother are there. I would like to ask whether my sisters have any right in the house or other properties. Warm Regards, Rahul Singhal

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 June 2017

Originally posted by : Rahul Singhal
Dear Experts,

I would like to place a query before you for your kind guidance. We are Hindus. My father recently died intestate leaving behind him self acquired house and other self acquired property. My two elder sisters were married long before his death. In our home me, my younger brother and my mother are there. I would like to ask whether my sisters have any right in the house or other properties.

Warm Regards,
Rahul Singhal

It is beleived that you are all Hindu.

Confirm!

“My father recently died intestate leaving behind him self acquired house and other self acquired property.” 

Married daughters have equals share as per details posted by you.

ClassI legal heirs of Hindu male dying without disposing his estate/property in his life time by a valid/registered deed have 1st right i.e.; Mother (if alive as on date of death), Wife (if alive as on date of death), sons, daughters………………..  

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     15 June 2017

Your sisters including you,your brother and mother are equally have shares in your father's self acquired property and also have equal rights in ancestral properties.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register