Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MATHEW (PROGRAMMER)     09 June 2017

Capital gain and tax issues

Sir/Madam,

Background:

I have 2 flats in my name one purchased in 2003 at 6 L and other in 2009 at 29 L,    both I want to sell to buy a single  bigger flat and I want to use the entire capital and capital gains of both for that purpose. The sale date of both flats will be different, but assume that it will happen in the same financial year.

Querries 

1. Can I deposit the entire sale proceedings to my existing one SB Account till I utilize it for the purpose OR till end of current financial year whichever is earlier ?  Is it advisable to put the sale proceedings of each separately ? OR Capital and capital gain separately ?

2.  In case of non-utilization, when am I supposed to transfer the capital gain part to  Capital gain account ??  After 6 months or  after the current financial year ends ?

3. What about the interest earned on Capital gain ? Is that also supposed to be put in capital gain account ?

4. Can I make my family members wife/son as joint owners in the new flat ?

5. When should I show these transaction details (happened in June 2017 or later)  in IT Return filed in 2017 or 2018 ?  

Thanks

Waiting for reply

Mathew

Learning

1 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     18 June 2017

You immediately transfer your savings in  your bank in  capital gain account scheme now itself. Interest also will be added to capital gain account onl

.I'm of the firm opinion that out of these sale proceeds only capital gains are generated so keep them in one  single account.

You can make your wife and son Joint owners  of the house along with you.

These transactions  you can show in 2017-`18 IT Returns.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register