Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GN (SSE)     06 June 2017

Permission to bachelors in coperative housing society

Hi,

I stay in Copertive Housing Society having 80 flats in Pune. Few years back, we faced some issues, when few of flat owners rented flats to Bachelors. Due to troubles and nuisence by bachelors, Society committe passed the rule in AGM that no flat owner should be allowed bachelors as tenants. So this is being followed since last 5/6 years.

Suddenly one of society member had kept the bachelors as tenants in our society and committe members has objected his deed. The flat owner is showing rules/Bye-Laws to us. I had read in some public forum that one can refuse the person based on his s*x, marital status, nationality, religion etc., but this does not seem authentic.

So can anyone let me know, how can we we fix this issue.

Learning

3 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     06 June 2017

By passing  a special resolution of Members and approved by Managing committee you can bar renting society flats to bachelors forever. By   Amending byelaws also same purpose can be achieved.

GN (SSE)     09 June 2017

Thanks for your reply.

The person who is trying to rent out the flat to bachelors, is raising concerns like :
1. If the resoultion is passed, then have it been approved by registrar?
2. Is there any bye-law details, which bans the bachelors as tenants in society?

Can you please let me know, what can society do in such situation?

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     10 June 2017

After  passing such resolution get it further approved by Registrar.(If there is no byelaw currently pass a byelaw barring renting societies flats to bachelors. .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register