LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nithya   31 May 2017

cost for mutual divorce

Is there any other fees apart from lawyer fees for getting divorce by mutual consent? Like any separate amount needed for filing petition in court? I was informed that 50k is needed for filing petition in court and 30k as lawyers fees? Is there any other amount needed in future?

Learning

5 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     31 May 2017

You both can hire a single lawyer for Mutual divorce,

If you both are not financially capable, you can approach Legal Aid Cell for free lawyer and advice. 

No other expenditure.

Advocate G. Mungaru ( Associate Advocate)     31 May 2017

Originally posted by : Nithya
Is there any other fees apart from lawyer fees for getting divorce by mutual consent? Like any separate amount needed for filing petition in court? I was informed that 50k is needed for filing petition in court and 30k as lawyers fees? Is there any other amount needed in future?

A advocate may charge 1 rupee like Harish Salve

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/harish-salve-charged-re-1-to-fight-kulbhushan-jadhav-case-at-icj-sushma-swaraj/story-giFaMW2La9o05x7gkc0mUJ.html

or may charge like your lawyer. His wish. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 May 2017

Agreed with Mr. Sachin,Mr.G. Mungaru.

Forthright and clear.

sai narayana   08 June 2017

Originally posted by : Nithya

In the vicinity of court, you can find lot of typists-cum-advocates/clerks, prepare the petition with the help of them and file it in the court personally as cost effective measure. If you need, you can search online for typical MCD MOU terms and conditions draft.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 June 2017

Fine tune the draft to your needs. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register