Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ranjit   30 May 2017

Registered land but have no mutation done.

Hello All,

My father (NRI at that time)  bought land in punjab in 1999. He registered the deed in his name and "Indraj Jamabandi" was also issued with Mutation number. We constructed house on that land in 2001 (still living there). Now we want to sell the house but the patwari says the land is not in my fathers name. He says the land does not exist in the records. I my self verified that the plot size is not present the khasra number. Patwari said the mutation request was rejected (No reason mentioned on the revenue records) soon after the sale of plot to my father(In 1999). Now we are living on that land from past 15-16 years and no one approched us saying the land belongs to them.

Note: The plot we purchased was from a colony that was made from agriculture land and ours was the first Registration deed of the land we bought(so no duplicate deeds I belive). My two uncles also bought land in the same colony 10 days before us but their mutation is done.

I want to ask you guys what is the legal way to get mutation done in my fathers name.( We can not sell the land without mutation).

Thank You.

Learning

7 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 May 2017

Probably Intkaal was no done.

Probably there was NO Rakbaa for it.

Usually Patwaari tells the exact reason for rejection.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 May 2017

Take help of local counsel of unshakable repute and integrity that specialize in revenue/civil matters can examine all records/docs/inputs and advise the best.

Ranjit   31 May 2017

Thank you Kumar Doab for quick reply.

Since no one have approached us with claim on the property is it safe for us to continue living there?

Also, is law of adverse possession applicable in this case?

Thanks.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 May 2017

Has anyone told you about Adverse Possession or made a suggestion about it?

Why do you want to claim something like Adverse Possession?

Have you consulted a very able local counsel of unshakable repute and integrity that specialize in revenue/civil matters with all records/docs/inputs e.g; map of colony/Fard before registry, agreement to sell/Biana, Registered sale deed, Intkaal etc etc?

Does sale deed bear photo of buyer and seller on plot also?

If you have consulted then what is the advice of your counsel.

For NRI's separate cells/police stations have been provided with.

Have you tried for the fraud if any commited with you?

Ranjit   01 June 2017

1. Nobody advised for adverse possesion. I was just curious what options do we have.

2. Yes there is photo of buyer and seller on the Registration deed.

3. We have not approced any lawyer yet, since patwari said(Yesterday) it could be fixed by applying for mutation again.

4. We will wait for patwari to fix the issue. if not then we will approach police station. but the problem is that the seller is dead now. only Power of attorney of the seller is alive.

Thank you for your quick replies. I will post new developments if anyhere.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register