LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandy (Executive)     25 February 2010

Pls Advice for this copywrite act

When I saw an Ad stating Now You can see clearly upclose without reading glasses for your aging eyes an Idea came to my mind to do home business after learning this.

Please suggest me the legal way to do home based business using this info.

This eye exercise chart is copywrited but I will not sell this chart, instead I will advertise and the people who will are interested will come to my home and I will teach them and give them chart to use at my home so they can come daily at my home club and exercise. Is this procedure legal way to do business by learning this knowledge and then giving training to others with this product or some other similar information products.

hoping for a practicable advice

Regards

Learning

4 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     25 February 2010

Under the copyright act, copyright work is protected but not the idea.  You can use the idea in a different way and do business.  But you cannot use the material (chart) of the company which has been copyright protected as your business tool and sell it to your customers.  That amounts to copyright piracy and an offence. 

Based on the idea you can develop or create a chart of your own on your own methods (in a unique way different from the original which has been copyrighted) and you may use that for your business.  You have no right to use the chart which is copyrighted by someone.

Sandy (Executive)     26 February 2010

Dear Krishnaa Sir

Thanks a lot for your such a clear advice & explanation. You have saved my future business career at the starting which could have led me to the wrong direction and may have put me in some legal problems in future.

I thank you very much. As far as your goodself advised that I can use the idea but not chart so can I make my own new chart some what different from the orignal copywrited chart by typing on my computer making it a little bit colorful and changing some of the paragraphs in hindi language as the orignal chart is fully in english and reduce certain number of circles (orignal chart has lot of it ) where you have to concentrate your eyes on. In this way new chart will have although similar look but still different from orignal copywrited chart. Will this solve the legal purpose and put me in safe position in future.

Please advice if I this method of reproducting the new idea based on orignal chart is still wrong. If it is still wrong what other new implementation method of making a different chart do you suggest.

Warm regards 

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     26 February 2010

Yes, you can do as you said.  If your new work will be based on the copyrighted chart, but make sure that your work is clearly different from the copyrighted work to avoid legal problems. It must be unique from the copyrighted work.  You can proceed.  Best of luck.

Sandy (Executive)     27 February 2010

Thanks for your kind advice and everything.

After I make a new chart should I have to apply somewhere to copywrite it or just I can start using that chart for my home business purpose and should not worry about being copied by someone else and claim as his own idea in future.

If I have to register for copywrite where, how much money and time will it take and through whom should i proceed. I think after doing so much mental and artistic work atleast I should apply for copywrite what do your goodself suggest.

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register