Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Venkatraman R   08 May 2017

Help needed on agricultural land purchase in tamil nadu

Hello,

I found small portions of agricultural land to buy and do farming. There are four small piece of lands with four survey numbers. The parent document is available for only one survey number. The land owner says rest of the three parent documents are lost in fire.

I doubt if the land owner has pledged the original parent documents with someone else who can claim the rights in future. But given the benefit of doubt to the owner, is there any legal way to handle this. What else I can do to ensure that once I purchased the land no one comes and claims any rights (Even if they posses the orignal parent documents in case the land owner has pledged it).

Kindly help and thanks for your help / suggestions.

Thanks,

Venkatraman R.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 May 2017

apply for encumberance certificate of that particular survey lands, so that you will know the title holders of the land. Deal with them.

Venkatraman R   09 May 2017

Thank you Sir for your advice. The EC is in their name. My worry is that what if they have pledged the original documents with someone recently and that transaction is not registered so it will not come up in the EC.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register