LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subha Datta (STudent)     03 May 2017

Boundary wall in municipality area

Around my own house I have made my boundary wall after leaving 4feet in every side. So, i have 4 feet space outside my boundary wall. In south after two plots there is a road and the main high drain is beside that road. I wanted to connect  my drain with that. Now, 6 consecutive plots in that side(south) have made common walls among themselves ( they have not any space outside their boundary walls...the have made their walls at their borders) and have not left any space for me to reach to that drain. I want to know

1) What is the municipality rule in West Bengal about BOUNDARY WALLS. Have I to leave 4 ft/3 ft outside my boundary or not?

2) If yes, then how these 6 consecutive plots can make common walls without leaving any space around their boundary walls? Can I complain against it?

3) If not, Then can I insert my 4 feet space that I left out side my boundary walls, inside my premise by building new boundary walls?

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 May 2017

The drain should not be private property.

Local counsels can advise you best on what space shuld be left (if any) between boundaries and boundary wall.

Same Query:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=149528&offset=0

Also:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=149527&offset=1

Subha Datta (STudent)     03 May 2017

Yes I was confused about which forum is perfect for me! 

I want to know that if there is any obligation that I have to leave certain amount of space outside my boundary or not!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 May 2017

Local rules/laws are involved.

Check at website of authority or in person from O/o Authority e.g;MC.

Local counsels specializing in revenue matters can advise you best.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 May 2017

Or wait for posts from members/experts from your location.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register