LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Ghosh (na)     23 February 2010

Divorce

Judgment has been passed against myself where in i have to give Rs 10K per month towards maintaince of my daugther aged 4 yrs in mumbai.

Would like to know as my wife is drawing salary of Rs 32K per month which is acknowledged by the court.

How could i get relief from paying Rs 10 K per month

Which court i should apply

Learning

9 Replies

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     23 February 2010

go to higher authority, like CJM or HC

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     23 February 2010

Sir, you have not mentioned about your salary. And also, it is your duty to maintain your daughter and I suppose taking into consideration all the matters, Court has decided the amount of maintenance. Even if your wife is earning, you cannot escape from the duty to maintain your daughter.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     23 February 2010

earning wife is also having duty to share to maintain the daughter. is it calculated?

the formula according to hma s.25 is

respondent's own income and

other property, if any,

the income and other property of the applicant,

the conduct of the parties and

other circumstances of the case, it may seem to the court to be just,

and any such payment may be secured,

if necessary, by a charge on the immovable property of the respondent.

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     24 February 2010

Amit,

You have to pay the maintenance of your daughter, but you can ask for the revision of the amount if you feel that this is very high. But the chances of the same is very less.

Parth Chandra (none)     24 February 2010

I have a question....what if the husband looses his job or resigns because of upset mind (after all these 498a, Dowry and other allegation...and because of mental pressure)....What kind of maintanace the court would suggest then....Would he still have to pay maintanace

Other thing is if the husband is working in a Limited company (Private sector)...then would the court (family court under 125) would ask wife to prove her income or would ask husband to come up with income and expenditure proof?

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     24 February 2010

Pc Sir, please cinfined to relevant issues in spite of hypothetical quesstion.

Parth Chandra (none)     24 February 2010

N.K.Assumi Sir,

This is a real issue as I am really depressed and mentally upset that I am not at all able to concentrate in my Job...and feel the insecurity of loosing job ... sometime fears that I would myself resign if not thrown out.....and hence asking this question. Even if it would have been hypothetical....then also it is a genuine question and a lot of depressed people like me would like to know the answer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register