LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

helpme2010 (jto)     23 February 2010

filled Divorce what r chances of 498/dv/Maintenance

my wife left me after 3 month of marriage n false complaint in woman cell i n my mother beat n illt reat her.

she stated she doesn't want to leave n want Divorce n no hearing   recoreded by woman cell .

after 4 month i fill rcr n get exparte rcr.

now she is last for 6 month in her mothers home and doesnot want to return.

i filled Divorce , now what r the chances of 498a ,DV n Maintenance  cases agaginst me.

how i can defend them?

she was working before marriage ,n to my knowledge presently also she is working.

i had given proof of her working before marraige in my Divorce  case

i am worried about allomony amount  how it will be decided? if it out of myreach what to do?can i insist on monthly basis in court

what r 489a chances?

Learning

4 Replies

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     24 February 2010

Chances of 498a, DV and maintenance are less since she is not going to attend the court. You will get the ex-parte divorce. Dont worry about the alimony, since if she contests the case, she will have to come to the court. Her statement in the womens cell is enough for you to get the divorce. Alimony if any will be not more than 30% of your take home income.

helpme2010 (jto)     24 February 2010

Originally posted by :Hardik Mehta
"
Chances of 498a, DV and maintenance are less since she is not going to attend the court. You will get the ex-parte divorce. Dont worry about the alimony, since if she contests the case, she will have to come to the court. Her statement in the womens cell is enough for you to get the divorce. Alimony if any will be not more than 30% of your take home income.
"

thanks for the reply sir...is she turns to court what will be her options?

girl family cannot prove my exact income how maintenance will be decided?is court can ask me to produce my income certificate.

helpme2010 (jto)     27 February 2010

chance of 498a is very less.

what type of Maintenance can my wife ask?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register