Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit   02 May 2017

Getting time for debt repayment credit card / personal loan

Hello,

I had been regulary paying my credit card minimum dues & personal loan emis till last 3 months.. But due to my mismanagement of my investments I am in a debt now and unable to pay EMIs regularly.. I also owe some personal borrowings from my friends/relatives .. To payoff all my dues and start my life from scratch i decided to quit from my job and payoff all my dues from the PF+Graduity balance i would get from my company. But I would need 4 months for my PF to be received and till then can i furnish a affidavit with court with my intensions of paying off the dues at a given date and send the same to the banks so that they do not harrass me regulary for making payments ?

Can I take a lawyers help in this case ?

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 May 2017

You have intention to pay.

You have limitations and difficulties at the moment.

You can take lawyer’s help to get rid of harassment.

A simple communications in place of affidavit can also suffice.

Lawyer can help you to find defects and get your credit ratings in order.

Approach a very able counsel of unshakable repute and integrity at your location specializing in consumer matters.

(Guest)

On due date your debt accounts would be treated as NPA. So, neither your affidavit, nor any lawyer's help can improve your credit rating. Nor you can get surety of the banks not to press for payment, which in your words can be harassment.

Better try to settle your accounts as early as possible and then get your credit rating restored to some extent after getting clearance from the concerned banks.

So far as debt from your friends and relatives is concerned that also depends upon their discretion.at your personal request how they would like to take.

Originally posted by : Amit
Hello,

I had been regulary paying my credit card minimum dues & personal loan emis till last 3 months.. But due to my mismanagement of my investments I am in a debt now and unable to pay EMIs regularly.. I also owe some personal borrowings from my friends/relatives .. To payoff all my dues and start my life from scratch i decided to quit from my job and payoff all my dues from the PF+Graduity balance i would get from my company. But I would need 4 months for my PF to be received and till then can i furnish a affidavit with court with my intensions of paying off the dues at a given date and send the same to the banks so that they do not harrass me regulary for making payments ?

Can I take a lawyers help in this case ?

As already posted: Yes you can take lawyer's help.

There is  NO bar on you for availing your own Lawyer's help.

It is reiterated that:

You can take lawyer’s help to get rid of harassment.

Lawyer can help you to find defects and get your credit ratings in order.

There is NO pill in it: sweet, salted, bitter, bland or even placebo.

Therefore without any hesitation: Approach a very able counsel of unshakable repute and integrity at your location specializing in consumer matters.

Usually a counsel's fee handling consumer matters is  not very high.

In one case the seasoned,senior,aged lawyer agreed for a fee of Rs.2100/+charges for typing etc............

Rest you may inquire at your own location.

Visit DCDRF at your location and find out.

Your own elders of the family,  competent and experienced well wishers, colleagues, etc etc can also guide you to a lawyer.

Your own lawyer by finding defects in bank's actions, comunciations, applicable rules,guideliens, and referring to precedences, decisions can help to get your credit rating repaired which otherwise Bank may not agree to do.

Amit   03 May 2017

Hello ,

Sir thanks for informing me about any false consultations by any member on this forum.. But how can you say that Mr.Kumar is misleading me ? If you have read my post properly I have mentioned my problems very clearly. I have never in my post mentioned i want to improve my credit ratings... I just wanted a solution to avoid harrassment from recovery agents who are just recruited agencies by banks for recovery of dues.. They are no way concerned with customer problems. They would be earnign commissions behind the recoveries hence they will continue to pressurise the customer. 

I wanted a solution where I request the bank to provide me a date on which i promise to make my repayment of dues. For that can i file an affidavit through court and furnish the same to banks so that they have a written promise from me . I am ready to pay the interest charges as applicable till the promised date. If this solution works then definately the banks have no right to ask the recovery agencies to contact me 

DO you have any alternate solution for this. Such solution might help many customers like me who are willing to pay the dues and need a definate time for the same.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register