LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek   22 April 2017

Incomplete documents for land

Hi My Father purchased land in Gram Panchayat 60*40  site in Bangalore , Thavrekere area (Magadi Road )  in 2005 ,

I have no contacts with original seller nor we know him  My father died in 2013 , all property taxes are paid till 2015-2016 , My concern is i dont have full documents of the land , as my father knew everything and handled his own affairs so i never questioned him .

I found i have Original Sale Deed , Gram Panchayat Extract , property tax paid receipts , some bank challans proof that we made payment , apart from this i dont have any other proof or documents eg : Mother deed 

I want to know what are the other documents required if i want to sell this property ( if at all i sell )  where to obtain this old / incomplete docs  I had transfeerred land ownership in my mothers name - what is the other things i need to do  Can we get loan on land ?

Learning

4 Replies

shrenik (lawyer)     23 April 2017

Sale deed if enough dear Get copy of 7 / 12 It will be in ur fathers name

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 April 2017

You seem to have bare minmum docs and also can proceed further.

Approach O/o concerned authority e.g; Patwwari.

Usually Shajra-e-Aks is referred as Mother Document.You can ask about local terminology at your locastion.

You can obtain mutation record with all link docs.

Local counsel specializing in revenue/property/civil matters can help and avise you with porper legal opinion. 

Abhishek   23 April 2017

what is 7/12 copy - is it record of land rights ... i am in Karnataka what is it called here ?  RTC

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 May 2017

You can find the in sale deed held in your possession the details of the other transactions and the origin of the owner by the mention of title link document in this deed. 

You can obtain certified registration copies of the same from the registrar 's office. You can obtain khatha from the corporation or any other competent authority within which this property falls. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register