Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aloordmary (ipr)     22 February 2010

Transfer of Property in my father's name

Dear Friends:

We are Christians. My Father purchased a residential land in orissa in my mother’s name in 1997 and constructed a house. We are 3 sister’s and 2 brother.

In 2004, my mother expired by heart attack and there is no registered will. Now my father wants the same property to be transferred in his name. Is it possible and if yes, please explain the procedure bit briefly urgently.

Best Regards,

A.L.Mary

Learning

5 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     22 February 2010

As your mother has expired your father and all of you (children) are the legal heirs of your mother / her property.  You all (children) can execute a release deed in favour of your father, relinquishing all of your rights in favour of your father.  You can register such a release deed.  Then your father gets the full ownership of the property.

aloordmary (ipr)     23 February 2010

Thank you for the reply Mr. Krishna.

But in the document i.e. sale deed, there is a typographical error before my mother's name. It is written Ms. Elizabeth (instead of Mrs. Elizabeth) . will it be a problem in executing a release deed and tranfering in my father;s name. Please advise.

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     23 February 2010

Minor typographical error (Ms / Mrs) is not an issue.  You can very well execute a release deed. 

aloordmary (ipr)     24 February 2010

Thank you Sir. We (all brothers and sisters) will execute a release deed in favour of father and register the same. And we understand that it will help us in transferring the property in my father's name. Thank you so much for your valuable advise.

aloordmary (ipr)     24 February 2010

Dear Mr. Krishna:

I went through the meaning of release deed. It means relinquishing our right over the property in favour of my father. Please be advised that we desire to transfer the property from mother's name to my father's name and then partition the property among 5 children. So in such circumstances, what is the procedure? will execution of deed will help us in this regard. this is my question. please advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register