LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dipankar Basak   04 April 2017

Seeking for opinioin

Can I work as a freelancer just like writing literature or making a film or short film, while being a Government Employee ? 

Is there any Legal prohibition to do this kind of creative job while being a Govt. Employee ?

Learning

9 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 April 2017

STATE FACTS OF THE CASE.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 April 2017

Vague question.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 April 2017

Pursue the Service Rules that apply to you.

If rules permit such activity then apply for permission.

Dipankar Basak   05 April 2017

I am a primary teacher under West Bengal Govt. being a writer , can I publish my writings and accept money for it ???

And also being a film maker can I make a film and release it ????

If the answer is "NO" then why the government was seeking for certificates of extra curricular activities of the applicants and gave them extra scores for that ?????

V.Govindaradjou (Advocate)     05 April 2017

Being a Government employee you should not engage yourself in flim making.

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     06 April 2017

I personally know certain government employees who are engaged in acting/ TV programmes (but I am not sure whether they get money for it or not) but there are certain provisions to take permission to engage in such activities from the competent authority. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 April 2017

"If the answer is "NO" then why the government was seeking for certificates of extra curricular activities of the applicants and gave them extra scores for that ?????"

Please ask this question to State Govt as this forum is not their spokesperson.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 April 2017

You can be permitted to engage in sceintifc and literary activity and accept remuneration as well.

You have to see rules applicable in your state as this state is believed to has amended many rules independently.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 April 2017

As already pointed out to you in this thread and also other threads, download the applicable Service Rules, Conduct and Discipline rules and also precedences and apply for permission and obtain permission.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Seeking-guidance-to-pursue-further-education-148217.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/To-run-a-business-while-doing-a-govt-job-148218.asp

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register