LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sridhar   29 March 2017

Two pan cards

Hi Sir, As my first PAN Card with the dob as on 10th Class certificate. I asked the executive to apply another PAN Card as the photo of the previous one is faded and not able to view clearly when we take Photostat copies. He applied new Card, i got new pan card with different number and DOB also different. I discarded the previous one and started using the new pan card for the last 7 years and paying the IT returns. But, now, i want to attach my Aadhar Card to PAN Card. My question is here, can i cancel the old pan card (As per 10th Class dob) and continue the new pan card (Which i have been paying around 7 years IT returns)....and would like to surrender old pan card. OR can i apply for change of date of birth, NAME, Signature of the second pan card and attach to Aadhar Card .....I want to surrender old PAN Card by paying the penalty or vice versa (i.e., new pan card) Please clarify that which is the best way to proceed...

Learning

12 Replies

KS Johal   30 March 2017

This is a question you need to ask the authorities I am sure they will help you out in this matter.

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     30 March 2017

Well, send a letter to Income Tax by registered post and so ja

Sridhar   30 March 2017

Hi Sir, Thanks for your suggestion, I request you to explain the process, as I mentioned, this year also, I paid tax on second PAN card, which contains wrong dob . . . .any possibility to clone my first PAN card dob etc details into second, will be good, as I have been paying tax for more than 7 years . . . Please help . . . . Thanks

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     30 March 2017

As far as Income Tax Department is concerned they take into account the PAN card No. that you are using. If the DOB differs in Aadhar, you will NOT be able to link it. You can go to the Service Centre dealing with PAN Cards and ask for change of DOB as in Aadhar. They will guide you.

Regarding the PAN that you have NOT used you may conveniently, forget iot because, in my opinion, any PAN that is NOT linked with Aadhar will automativally become invalid.

1 Like

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     30 March 2017

You can search Google regarding correction of DOB in PAN. That will be the best to do regarding thje PAN that you are using to File ITYR

1 Like

Sridhar   31 March 2017

Hi Sir, thanks for valuable suggestions. Precisely, interested to know the formal way to deal this issue. Wants to retain my current using PAN card, which have been submitting IT returns for 7 years but the only problem is data variation compared to Aadhar card . . . Please suggest the concrete and standard procedure

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     31 March 2017

If you want to retain the current PAN Card, do so. You have not mentioned as to whether Aadhar contains your correct DOB or Your PAN Card contains correct DOB. 

If your Current PAN Card contains the correct DOB then visit e-Seva Kendra and correct the DOB in Aadhar.

If Aadhar contains correct DOB contact the service centre for PAN (the center where you apllied for example) or do it your self online to correct the DOB in PAn Card.

List of documents are to prove your DOB are available on the web site.

Forget the Old PAN.

Sridhar   31 March 2017

Hi Sir, Thank you Gandhi Sir for your suggestion. As you asked, here in Aadhar and First PAN Card, I had original dob as on 10th Certificate and had insurance policies on these two. My only concern towards, the 2nd PAN card as I have been paying Tax for 7 years. I would like to check these two options I. Retain the old 1st PAN (Data as on 10th Certificate and Aadhar Card) card and surrender 2nd PAN card - But only problem, I think that I may loose all the record of paying IT returns for 7 years II. Retain 2nd PAN card ( Data differs from Aadhar and 10th Certificate), this will give the track of all IT returns - But only problem, data in this card is no where watchable to Original details and also, I had Life Insurance on 1st PAN card Please suggest the best solution, which can cover the both issues, I am ready to pay the penalty . Thanks

Sridhar   01 April 2017

Hi Sir,

Thanks for your suggestion, i agree. My old PAN Card is having the right data (dob as per 10th certificate and Aadhar Card) and Aadhar Card is also based on my 10th certificate. and I had 2 insurance policies on this PAN Card (I gave as address proof and dob)

The only reason, why i raised a query on 2nd PAN Card whether to retain or not;  i have been paying Tax and filed Tax Returns and my salary account for 7 years.

If I surrender my 1st PAN Card, will it show any effect on my insurance policies in futre (at the time of maturity) OR

If I surrender my 2nd PAN Card, i might lose the track of 7 years IT Returns.....AND any adjustments can be done transfer these tax payment record to 1st PAN Card or vise versa.....even for this, i am ready to pay penalty to IT Department....

Please suggest...

Thanks

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     01 April 2017

You appear to be a very confused person. Kindly visit your ITO and seek his advice. Giving you advice on this forum appears to be futile.

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     01 April 2017

You appear to be very confused. Please visit your ITO with all that you have and seek his advice

Pranali Sharma   13 June 2017

Thanks for the information, PAN has become an essential part of any financial transaction, it is now mandatory to obtain a PAN for yourself. Moreover, it is a widely recognized photo identity and proof of address. To do pan card verification click here.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register