LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikas Sinha   20 March 2017

Issue of death certificate of accident victim

My brother got a road accident and admitted in a hospital after 15 days he became very serious at 2:00 AM and when I asked for refer certificate then as senior doctors were not present at that time so they told me to take my patient on my own risk and forced me to write on a paper that I am taking the patient on my own risk and after writing I left the hospital and while moving to another hospital my brother passed away. As previous hospital didn't give me any document eg. Discharge or reffer etc. So now when I want to apply for Death Certificate I have no valid Document . Please guide me How can I apply for Death Certificate and what are the documents that can be used to get that certificate.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 March 2017

The other hospital must have given you 'Brought Dead'.

Apply for Medical  record and copy of document signed by you from 1st hospital, in writing under proper acknowledgment.

Vikas Sinha   20 March 2017

But when my brother died I didn't go to the hospital instead I returned home and done last rituals. Because as that was police case so they might have forced to do proper postmortem. So in order to avoid postmortem I came back home.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register