Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shweta Salve (xyz)     17 March 2017

Gift deed laws?

Hi, 

For what reason would a sibling not share the contents of a gift deed with other siblings, if there has been no strain in relationships ?

What does the law state with regards to disclosing the contents of a gift deed with other siblings?

What is the law state with regards to right to information?

Our sister claims our father gifted her around 50 % of his property and wants a share in the rest of the property for which a will was not made. Wouldn't that be more that 50% of her legal share?

She refuses to disclose the contents of the gift deed on grounds on protecting her privacy.

If we appealed in court to see the gift deed , how long would court proceedings take ?

Thanks in advance. 

Learning

4 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     19 March 2017

Is your father still alive and is the property you are talking about is self aquired by your father

shrenik (lawyer)     19 March 2017

She has equal right You can go to sub registrar office and can see details that how property was transfered

Shweta Salve (xyz)     20 March 2017

Thanks Mr Saravanan for your answer. 
My father passed away and yes the property was acquired by my father. 

Do we have a right to see the gift deed? and for what reason do you think she refusing the disclose the contents?

Shweta Salve (xyz)     20 March 2017

One of my siblings was 15 years, when the gift deed was made. Are parents allowed to gift property entirely to one child when out of the rest one is a minor? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register