LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subroto Sarkar (Consultant)     18 March 2017

Courier liabilities

Bank has send atm cum debit card by courier. As per bank record the permanant address is residence address. The courier man came during office hours and found the addressee missing. He contacted the addressee who gave two proposal 1. To fix a time and come. 2. To come to a place to deliver. Aadhar Card and Voters card will provided as a proof evedence. Both the proposals were turned down and the packet was returned to the bank. Now my question : Is the address mentioned on the article is a reference. I am the real person meant for receiving the product. But the courier refuses to accept this. They stick on to the address and not the addresee. Who is correct? Can I move to the consumer court demand a compensation as ultimately I did not get the card for no fault of mine.

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Subroto Sarkar
Bank has send atm cum debit card by courier. As per bank record the permanant address is residence address. The courier man came during office hours and found the addressee missing. He contacted the addressee who gave two proposal 1. To fix a time and come. 2. To come to a place to deliver. Aadhar Card and Voters card will provided as a proof evedence. Both the proposals were turned down and the packet was returned to the bank.

Now my question : Is the address mentioned on the article is a reference. I am the real person meant for receiving the product. But the courier refuses to accept this. They stick on to the address and not the addresee.

Who is correct? Can I move to the consumer court demand a compensation as ultimately I did not get the card for no fault of mine.

महाशय,

अगर आपको कोई और काम धंधा नहीं हे तोह शौक से जाओ कांसुमेर रेडरेस्सल फोरम.  हाल के वहां कुछ होने वाला नहीं हे.  कांसुमेर फोरम में जज ही नहीं रहते.  क्यों की अप्पोइंट ही नहीं होते जज.  बेहतर यही होगा की आप बैंक के ब्रांच को कांटेक्ट करे और वह जाके अपना डेबिट कार्ड ले.  जाते समय आपका वोटर कार्ड, ड्राइविंग लाइसेंस या आधार कार्ड ज़रूर ले जाए.  कुछ तोह ख़याल करो अपने देश का.  पहले से की लाखो केसेस हैं कोर्ट में, और आप अपने डेबिट कार्ड के लिए कोर्ट जाओगे?  कुछ तोह सोचो.

अगर आपको मेरा सुझाव अच्छा लगा तोह निच्चे लिखे बटन पे क्लिक करके अपना धन्यवाद प्रकट करे या फिर मेरा प्रोफाइल पेज पैर भी आप लिखे बटन क्लिक करके अपना धन्यवाद प्रकट करसकते हैं.

जिसका लिंक निच्चे दी गई हे.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/profile.asp?member_id=84464

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Subroto Sarkar
Bank has send atm cum debit card by courier. As per bank record the permanant address is residence address. The courier man came during office hours and found the addressee missing. He contacted the addressee who gave two proposal 1. To fix a time and come. 2. To come to a place to deliver. Aadhar Card and Voters card will provided as a proof evedence. Both the proposals were turned down and the packet was returned to the bank.

Now my question : Is the address mentioned on the article is a reference. I am the real person meant for receiving the product. But the courier refuses to accept this. They stick on to the address and not the addresee.

Who is correct? Can I move to the consumer court demand a compensation as ultimately I did not get the card for no fault of mine.

You should have left someone at home to collect the courier or have some patience and wait for few more days, bank will send it to you again.  Or just go pick the packet from the nearest branch.  For this you will go to court?  No doubt with less number of judges and more n more people like you courts are flooded with cases.  It is advisable that you be at home next time when the courier comes.  Ask courier guy to call before he comes.

If you appreciate my reply kindly click on the like button here or on my profile page by visiting it, whose link is given below amd convey Thanks !

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/profile.asp?member_id=84464

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 March 2017

You can follow helping hand suggestion.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     19 March 2017

Generally courier person will leave message when the house is locked. You have to visit their office to collect the article or wait for him next day for delivery. It's of no use in approaching consumer forum against them as the qstn of deficiency of service does not arise. You can make request but you cant demand them to delivery at your office.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register