Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhavana_sj   14 February 2017

Contract not renewed , even though manger promised read mor

Hi All

My Name is Bhavana , I was working as Contract employee for IGSL through Futurez HR group in Mumbai , My contract End date was 8th Feb 2017 & I was asking my Reporting Manager for last 2 months whether my Contract will be renewed or not , he use to replay don't worry It will be done , also I updated him 3 months in advance that I have to take a leave for 2 weeks for my Sister-in-law's wadding which he approved , but when I came back from Leave on 13th Feb 2017 he said as you too long leave so your contract can not be renewed & no need to come to office from tomorrow , please suggest what can be done .

Also My Manager was Employee of IGSL , he use to take 2 to 3 weeks leave & use to come late to office & leave early , dose the same policy’s do not apply to employees .

Learning

2 Replies

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     14 February 2017

If I were you, I'd immediately start packing and looking for another job. Sorry, but that's how it is. Mere oral assurance to renew a contract amounts to nothing. Maybe your Manager/organisation did not want your services any more and leave was used as an excuse to soften the blow OR maybe they are really annoyed by your leave [regarding which the Manager seems to have been 'informed' rather than 'asked for permission' as it'd appear from your post] - either ways, it is immaterial.

Best you can now demand is a proper, honorable exit as provided in terms of the contract and with a work ex certificate, as against a 'don't come from tomorrow' line.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 February 2017

Saying, asking, telling are verbal mode of communication and d difficult to prove.

If you have acknowledged and approved copy of leave then it might have helped to claim deemed extension of contract.

Even then the employer could have terminated it with notice/with notice pay in lieu of notice period.

Obtain clean relieving and firm up your next employment.

If you have rapport with Managers/employer they may agree to give you service certificate/salary certificate even for a later date.

Try for it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register