LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Baaji   31 January 2017

How to Transfer of property??

having a will... what is the procedure for transfering the title/ ownership from the testators name to my name.

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 January 2017

It is to submit the WILL to the authority under whose jurisdiction property falls, to act upon the WILL, and complete the formalities like; to submi death certificate,legal heir certificate,NOC from other legal heirs/and -or advertisement in newspapers.............., .

Inquire from O/o authority.

If the property is within jurisdiction of presidential towns of Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, then it is mandatory to probate the WILL.

1 Like

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     31 January 2017

Submit the will to the concern authority under which jurisdiction the property falls like nagar nigam /nagar palika/ tehsil , move an application there by attaching death certificate, address proof of deceased , your relation with deceased , affidavit and requisite court fee , after 40 days you will get mutauted that property in your name.
1 Like

Baaji   31 January 2017

Do i need to submitt that will in Sub registrars office? Sir i am asking this because my brother registered this property to his wife by saying that he acquired it according to the will, but when i enquired in SRO regarding whether he had submitted any document ...they in written gave me a reply that he had not subbmited any document ... so how can and from where can i get the details how the property ownership had transffered from testators name to my brothers name

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 January 2017

YOU HAVE POSTED THAT:

"Do i need to submitt that will in Sub registrars office? Sir i am asking this because my brother registered this property to his wife by saying that he acquired it according to the will, but when i enquired in SRO regarding whether he had submitted any document ...they in written gave me a reply that he had not subbmited any document ... so how can and from where can i get the details how the property ownership had transffered from testators name to my brothers name"

IN ABSENCE OF ANY VALID DOCUEMNT HOW CAN PROEPRTY BE TRANSFERRED TO BROTHER'S NAME IF HE IS NOT BENEFICIARY OR SAY BUYER OR SAY DONOR ETC .............

THERE IS SOME ERROR IN FACTS NOTED BY YOU AND POSTE DBY YOU.

YOU MAY CONSULT LOCAL COUNSEL SPECIALZING IN PROEPRTY/REVENUE/CIVIL MATTERS.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     31 January 2017

Apply for EC particulars from the date of the Testator to till date.  in whose name the testator written the will, he can do as he likes.

1 Like

Baaji   31 January 2017

Originally posted by : kavksatyanarayana
Apply for EC particulars from the date of the Testator to till date.  in whose name the testator written the will, he can do as he likes.

Thanks for your reply sir.....  i checked for ec online and i found that by mentioning the link document number my brother himself as DR and his wife as DE registration done as family gift deed or some thing like that....  previous to this ec ,there were no ecs available.

Sir my doubt is "inorder to register that property he has to show that he is the onwer for that property"? Correct me if i am wrong 

Without submitting any onwership details can my brother be able to register that property to his wife..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register