LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajamanickam (associate)     15 February 2010

copy right

Hi one of my friend ready to start one website, its fully based on the history of tamil cinemas. so in that website shows all the pictures and wallpapers and history of the taml cinema from starting to now a days cinemas. so is there any procedure to get the permission from the cinema authorities is mandatory or not pls guide me. by raja

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     15 February 2010

Mr. Raj,

Copy rights acts says that

In the Act, unless the context otherwise requires,-adoption means,

In relation to a musical work, any arrangement or transcripttion of the work, or any version of the work is which the story or action is conveyed wholly or mainly by means of pictures in a form suitable for reproduction in a book, or in a newspaper, magazine or similar periodical.

Sanjeev Panda (Advocate)     16 February 2010

I would advise to seek No objection in writing from the coyright owners of the Tamil Cinema whose work you are going to depict in your website with acknowledgment to the said copyright owners.

Iftikhar Ahsan (Indian Patent Agent)     18 February 2010

Dear Sanjeev, In this way, he has to approch each owner seperately and would face a lot of difficulty.

Is there any organziation who could provide the rights on behalf of all the cinematographic owners? I am sure there is.

chinnaraja gurusamy naidu (partner/solicitor M/s. Hindu associates)     27 April 2010

hi friend, mere using of cine stills will not voilate cr, you may use upto 5percent of the total work

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register