LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mustafa (Manager)     08 April 2008

Documents not issued on grounds of false allegations

This is on behalf of my friend who is not well versed with legal stuff and prefers to stay away from it. I am doing this on her behalf to help her as to a certain extent I am responsible for her current plight.

Please advise or help.

My friends take :

I was working for a dot.com company for 3 years. I finally quit last December for better prospects.

I was promised that I would be getting all my documents from the organisation within 6 weeks of me leaving the organisation but it has been more than 3 months since I have quit and I have not yet received my experience letter as yet.

I did serve a notice period and also paid the organisation one months salary as well in lieu of the pending notice period which I could not serve due to my personal commitments.

Finally on April 5, 2008 when I went down to the office to collect my documents the HR Manager was very rude and blatantly alleged that I was poaching people from their to my new organisation and hence she will not issue me my documents.

I have not poached any working employee from the previous organisation while he or she was serving there.

I am persuing my MBA and need to produce my documents on time which I have already informed them but they are adamant that they will not give me the documents.

Please help as my career is at stake and my 3 years of employeement will go down the drain if I do not have proper documents to support my claim.

Learning

1 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     10 April 2008

1) Issue a legal notice to the company seeking for the documents and damages for retaining the same.

2) Write this to the local labour officer concerned

3) Lodge a police complaint for wrongfully retaining the documents

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register