LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sushma   08 January 2017

Sc to converted christian

I and my father belong to sc hindu category in all our certificates. My father is a mbbs doctor from reservation category. But i have never got a chance to use it even my certificates show i have reservation. I finished my physiotherapy in general quota. Recently i personally converted into christian and wanted that in my certificates too. So when i applied for upsc civils examination instead of sc hindu i put bc-c christian.. creamy layer. For which i dont get any kind of reservation or age relaxation. I gave 2 attempts in preliems. Dint clear though. My family is not happy with my decision. So now i have 2 doubts.

1.till my graduation i have sc hindu in all my certificates. I suddenly changed it to bc christian in my upsc application. Is it ok ?

2. If a question raises from the upsc panel if in the 3rd time application i again put back my sc hindu certificate.

Kindly answer. As upsc takes each point seriously. I dont want to make any mistake further and what is the appropriate step i can take now?

Continue with bc christian or put my original certificate of sc?

Learning

7 Replies

Sushma   10 January 2017

As i have already applied for preliems twice and wrote bc instead sc(which is my original caste) will there be any problem in future verification... for changing the caste column twice. From sc to bc and again bc to sc?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 January 2017

Once converted you are no more SC you are general

Conversion is a factor for refusing reservation before UPSC or any other selecting body.

"If a question raises from the upsc panel if in the 3rd time application i again put back my sc hindu certificate."

Panel has no time for such question.  UPSC has a detailed staff who checks previous data and they could do meticulpously even prior to computeraisation.

Any job obtained by misstatement of facts or on the basis of wrongly obtained certificate - the emp,lopyee is liable for termination even at the fag end or career.  I have seen such persons on bail at 50+ age.

E VAMSI KRISHNA   29 March 2018

Hi sushma u can continue as sc,if you did not get BC C certificate from any authority.If u got BC C certificate u can't continue as SC.

noone113223 (Business)     07 June 2019

Hello, I am kinda stuck in the same situation. If you found a way out of it successfully without any trouble, please do share. Thanks. 

Prashanth   07 July 2019

Same isuue please clarify.. I have not given any attempt yet next year I would.. Kindly guide me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register