LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DR SUNIL   26 December 2016

Printing mistake in sale deed

sir i had bought a property registry was done but to my notice i saw that the cheque numbers were different as typed by the writer tried to rectify the mistake but the seller is not willing to rectify what will happen now and what is the alternative for me to proceed

Learning

5 Replies

Originally posted by : DR SUNIL
sir i had bought a property registry was done but to my notice i saw that the cheque numbers were different as typed by the writer tried to rectify the mistake but the seller is not willing to rectify what will happen now and what is the alternative for me to proceed

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     26 December 2016

Mode of payment is not relevant. After all if payment has been done through cheque there is no problem.

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     26 December 2016

Keep a note of cheque No. date, qount and a copy of the page of Bank Pass Book  or Bank Statment shhowing the debit in your account safely. If at all a dispute arises these will prove the amount you have paid. Otherwise you need not worry.

A decent seller need not create hurdles in a rectification deed being registered. 

But so far you have the proof with you there is no need to worry.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 December 2016

However, issue a registered legal notice pointing out the discrepancy and for making due corrections.

thank you all for your reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register