LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ranvijay   11 December 2016

Should it be registered as nbfc ?

Should it be Registered as an NBFC and does it need any approval from RBI ? A company is offering short-term, short-amount credit to users to buy daily essentials i.e. Groceries, Medicine, Staples etc. through its tied up merchants or vendors. The buyer has the facility to pay directly to the merchant/vendor or the company within 14 days of the transaction. If the buyer is directly paying to the company after or within 14 days of the transaction, still the credit arranging company will transfer the funds to the merchants or vendors from where the buyer had bought the goods & services. Here the revenue model of the company is based on the sales volume of the tied-up merchants or vendors. Will it be mandatory to register such type of company under NBFC and will it be important to get approval from RBI? Please suggest. Thanks

Learning

4 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     12 December 2016

From what  I read it  is cler that it is NBFC and will need the approval of RBI.If you appreciate this answer please give me  all my profile likes.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     12 December 2016

1.  IF a registered Co. conducts business of "Lending & Receiving" of Money, necessarily on levy of Interest basis, THEN such Co. has to mandatorily register itself as a NBFC with the RBI.

2.  HOWEVER, in the present query, there is no element of "Lending & Receiving" of Money, BUT only convienence of Trading on commision (profit-sharing) basis, with Tri-Party Credit facility.  Such activity does not classify itself as NBFC.  However relevant S&E and Trade License etc.... are mandatory.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT:  https://www.maharashtra-society-help-forum.com

Ranvijay   12 December 2016

Thanks for your response Mr. Agarwal, still If the buyer chose to pay directly to us rather than the tied-up merchant or vendor, We are recieving that amount to our Bank Account via Bank transfer. 

Thereafter we will be transferring the funds to tied-up merchant deducting our sales/affiliate margin.

I, based on nature of operation, it's a kind of semi-closed wallet.

I couldn't understand the term "Tri-Party Credit Facility".

Please suggest.

Thanks

Ranvijay

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     13 December 2016

Kindly prefer to "RE-READ"  my reply, this time more  "S-L-O-W-L-Y",  more specifically point no. 1.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT:  https://www.maharashtra-society-help-forum.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register