Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

REEBI JOSE (PERSONNEL OFFICER)     07 April 2008

Payment of Bonus Act

Dear Sir,

Please let me know whether section 2(13 ) of the payment of Bonus Act,1965 has amended and the wage limit has enhanced to Rs.10000/- from Rs.3500/-. Please also send me the copy of amendment act.

Reebi Jose

Learning

4 Replies

NAMRATA DONTUL (ADVOCATE)     07 April 2008

what is the applicability of payment of bonus act

prerna1 (Executive- Personnel ( HR))     09 April 2008

Dera Reebi, AMENDMENT TO THE PAYMENT OF BONUS ACT, 1965 The Cabinet in its meeting held on October 1, 2007 has approved the Amendments to the payment of Bonus Act, 1965, which are as follows:- i) Amendment to Section 2(13): To raise the eligibility limit for payment of bonus from the salary or wage of Rs.3500/- to Rs.10,000 per month. ii) Amendment to section 12: To raise the ceiling for calculation purpose from the salary or wage of Rs.2500/- to Rs.3500/- per month,

Guest (n/a)     10 April 2008

Thanks for the replies. Please also let me know whether the decision of the cabinet has to be placed in the Parliament for amending Pyament of Bonus act,1965. Regards Reebi.

Guest (n/a)     14 April 2008

The Minimum Rates of salaty / wages under the Minimum Wages Act, applicable to different 'Schedule Employments' are much more than Rs. 3500/= Per month. Does it mean that Bonus is NOT payable even on the "Minimum wage Rates' ? iIf yes, Is it logical ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register