Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakhee Hitesh (Service)     03 November 2016

Under which rule member can request to inspect expense bills

Hello,

In our Society we members feel that the expenses which are carried out is two to three times higher than the market rate.

So we subitted the Letter requesting to show us expense statement with bills, order copy, terms of warranty. But Society Office Bearer refused to show claming that as per Rule 145 of byelaw we will give you audited balance sheet only.

What Options we have to inspect Expenses done by them, As it seems they are using society money for their personal use.

We asked them to give bank statement & Expense Head wise Statement which they also refused.

What Rule of Bye Law or Society Act SAVE the Interest of Memeber so Money in Society Account is not been used by office bearer for their personal use.

Thanks & Regards!

Learning

2 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     03 November 2016

Society bye law it self will give answer of this question. U need to read it by your own.

Will u appreciate this solution by giving THANKS on my LCI profile?

Rakhee Hitesh (Service)     04 November 2016

I have read it and in Rule 23 A it says that member can inspect of books & records, but their Lawyer says you can inspect only Audited Balance Sheet, etc. 

This is a dispute between Members & Society office Bearer.

For which I Posted my Question so that some Learned Member of this group Resolve the issue with In depth Clarification of this Point.

Regards!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register