Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hrishikesh   04 November 2016

Using a well within 500 meter of public water supply well

Hello,

I purchased a farm in one village with the intend of mango trees plantation. I digged well with is around 3-4 meters (yes, three to four meters only) in depth but still giving good supply of water. The well is mentioned in 7-12 I have for this land. I also built one small home there. I planted more than 150 trees 5 years back. Couple of years back, one of the villager told me that the well is illegel as it is within 500 meters of public well which supplies water to one of the area of the village. The topic was discussed in gramsabha and I was communicated that I should not use that well in the month of May. Though there was no circular given to me of the minutes of gramsabha, I on my own limited not to pull water from my own well in the month of May. I also fitter drip irrigation in entire farm on my own. But this year, they gave me letter saying that I should completely stop my well and close it completely by end of 2016. They this time gave me copy of the gramsabha minutes which mentions that it was agreed same in the meeting. However signature on the letter this time is of current sarpanch and not of the one who was actual sarpanch two years back. I was shocked and conveyed immediately that I do not agree to this decision of gramsabha as mentioned in the given letter.

There were other nuisance as well given by local people like removing pipe from my well saying it is as per grampanchayat decision. Last year, I joined pipe on my own after couple of months. This year when they removed my pipe, they said they will join the pipe in June, but till date they have not joined the pipe and I have been consistently issuing them letter to fit the pipe back in vain. 

Also I had requested for drinking water pipeline, which they say, I will get only when I start living in that farm home permanently.

I am really confused. I had invested all my saving in this considering this will be my source of income after retirement, but without water, this is not possible.

Please suggest if there is possibility to get justice here.

Learning

4 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     04 November 2016

Whether grampanchyat had issued you written approval for digging well?

Hrishikesh   05 November 2016

@Adv Bharat: No, I did not ask for any permission to dig well and they have not given any approval. @Mr. Ramesh: That will be of great help.

Hrishikesh   15 November 2016

How can I get your contact details @Adv Bharat and @Mr. Rakesh, I will seek consultancy with all circumstances and entire happenings so far here.

Hrishikesh   15 November 2016

How can I get your contact details @Adv Bharat and @Mr. Rakesh, I will seek consultancy with all circumstances and entire happenings so far here.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register