Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pandu Kumar   03 November 2016

Property dispute

Dear Sir,
I am Pandu Kumar from Hyderabad. My uncle passes away 3 yrs back. After his death, a friend of him (say X) approached my uncle's family and claims that my uncle borrowed 20 lakhs from them money and they claim that as my uncle was unable to repay the amount, he entered into an agreement to sell his house. But he is not showing the proof.
Mr.X also served a legal notice asking to honor the agreement and register the property to them. In response to his legal notice our lawyer sent a notice stating that the family members are not aware of any such agreement. If Mr.X is possessing any agreement, we demanded him to produce the same. Mr.X did not receive the legal notice and it is returned back.
Now after two years of all this, due to bad financial condition of family, I want to buy the property from them. What are the legal implication on me, if I purchase the property. Kindly respond

Learning

2 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     03 November 2016

Pandu kumar ji u need to make public notice in local news paper for the same through local lawyer.

If no objection you received after due period of 15 day you can proceed for purchase of that property.

Will u appreciate this answer by clicking THANKS button on my LCI profile?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 November 2016

'Buyer Beware'; is applicable in property deals.

You must have consulted your own counsel specializing in revenue/property/civil matters, for proper legal opinion.

Consult.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register