LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raazkumar.com (Self employed)     14 October 2016

Security deposit refund from landlord law

We made 11months agreement for residential flat. I made 30,000 deposit rent will be 12000 Which is paid at end of the month. In agreement said both parties have to prior inform before 2months of the termination of contract.

And advanced amount shall not be adjusted in the rent. If rent not paid within 7days place will be evicted. As per the agreement.

Now 14th 10days remaining to stay in apartment.

In my security deposit 2months rent previous and present will be deducted. And 6000 remain at landlord.

But we just stayed 4months out of 11. 

MAy I need to pay previous month rent 12,000

If I vacated after 10 days. Can I get my security deposit legally as per the law.

Learning

3 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     14 October 2016

Everything depends on the understanding between you and your owner.if he is not refunding you the deposit amount then you can recover the same through court

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     15 October 2016

"But we just stayed 4months out of 11."

Has the land lord prevented you staying for all eleven months, or for your purposes you have not stayed in the apartment.

And advanced amount shall not be adjusted in the rent. If rent not paid within 7days place will be evicted. 

Again your own answer "

In my security deposit 2months rent previous and present will be deducted. And 6000 remain at landlord.

Have you followed the terms agreed mutually as per contract ?

What is stated in  contract refunding of security deposit is important .

Raazkumar.com (Self employed)     15 October 2016

Security deposit will be refunded after termination of contract.

I have informed before 2months.  

This month have to vacate but not paid rent due to out of area.(vacating for my own personal reasons)

According to rental agreement is tenant has to stay 11monthsat any condition.

What's the difference in termination and end in a contract?

Why rental agreement used termination instead of the end.

Can i get refund legally if vacated before the agreement i haVE INFORMED before 2months.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register