LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kanak   04 October 2016

Dowry 498a RCR

Hello everyone, My wife filed 498a and contested divorce at her place, ... Shall I file RCR at my place ? She defamed me at my work place, shall I file defamation along with RCR? Is there any problem as I'm telling court that I want wife one side and other side filing defamation on her ... Thanks

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)
Decide. U want wife back or not. What if she comes back. Where u will hide then?

Kanak   04 October 2016

No she won't come...

saravanan s (legal advisor)     05 October 2016

No use in filing rcr.right now she had placed allegations over you and only if you are aquitted by the ground you can proceed with defamation. As of now concentrate on 498a to prove her wrong and claim divorce on that ground as filing false 498a amounts to cruelty

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     05 October 2016

Section 9 won't help u in anyway . Defamation shall be maintainable only if the allegations are severely reckless . Concentrate of getting yourself acquitted from 498a for now Augustine Chatterjee 9999931153

Sachin (N.A)     05 October 2016

What do you want to achieve by RCR or defamation?????/

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     06 October 2016

If your reputation is more important for you file defamation case against her. If  still you've any  soft corner for her like liking or  something file RCR.Also get youself acquitted first  in 498 A proceedings and  decide aboutt filing defamation. You should firmly chooseyou priorities.If you appreciate trhis answer please click the thank you button on  this forum.

Kanak   07 October 2016

Miss Usha Kapoor, thank u for ur valuable reply, I'm not filing defamation on the basis of 498a, as my wife sent written statement with all false allegations to all higher authorities in my organisation, filing on this Base. May I?

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     10 October 2016

Sir, 

Yes you can file defemation and seek transfer of the false cases she has filed in her hometown. 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register