LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhi_Mechanical (Mechanical Engineer)     27 September 2016

Dowry help

Is it dowry if wife is saying I'm giving divorce and giving marriage expenses as 10 lacs ?.. Then husband replied to her that give me 10 lacs as marriage expenses and 20 lacs as image defamation. Wife recorded that discussion and filed dowry 498A. Will court consider as husband demanded money to wife?.. Will it call as dowry?..

Learning

5 Replies

Mukesh sharma (job )     27 September 2016

Hi Abhi have you on record all when your wife ask you to pay for marriage expence and when you ask to her she play smart and record al thing and show on court 

here your question you ask them to pay for image defamation and other expence to pay so here your motive important court consider your motive will show in your demand and court accept her application you asking her for dowery 

so plz help good family lawyer and put case in court 

(Guest)

I am not a lawyer but with my knowledge:

(a) It is breach of privacy and perhaps illegal to record phone conversations without the knowledge of the parties; They are often, perhaps always, inadmissible in court of law, unless they were recorded by law enforcement agencies, with prior permissions.

(b) Mere demand for money or dowry is not punishable with 498a. There must also be cruelty associated.

In light of these, I think you are safe. Also, your statements were in retaliation and invitation only. They do not have any weight.

Relax.

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 September 2016

What , really, is the problemm!

innocenthusband   28 September 2016

Recordings cannot be accepted in court. Recordings can be manipulated and statements can be edited rearranged to form false allegations. The court will consider proof furnished by your wife of ill treatment and collection of dowry. If you aren't guilty of either you have nothing to worry about.

If if you need help from people here, you need to come up with better lies. Or even better, just speak up the truth. Women don't file 498a because of statement made on phones.

whatnot   28 September 2016

As per your previous queries

You have 498a, DV, and her Maintainance delcined and now you have Dowry case?

What happended to MCD ?

Your query seems to be hypothetical.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register