LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Khusboo Verma (assistant)     02 September 2016

Delay in filing of ws

How much delay we can do in filing of WS 13 A of HMA because I want interim maintainance first then with the maintenance amount...I am going to hire a advocate for filing ws

Learning

6 Replies

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     02 September 2016

Until and unless the application seeking interim maintenance is decided, you cannot be called upon to file the written statement.

Augustine Chatterjee

Advocate & Solicitor at Law

Sidharth   02 September 2016

Dear Kushboo,

You seems to be confused or scared that wether interrim maintenance to be decide first or divorce.

Its obvious that interim maintenance is to be dicide first because word interim itself means meanwhile, temporary. So it is to be decide first whereas divorce is permanent 

interim relif last only till the disposal of the case.

So, no need to file ws before deciding interim maintenance u/s 24 of HMA

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     02 September 2016

Yes, if f relief claimed by the wife is not disposed off and her application is not decided and till the amount ordered by the court to be paid to the respondent-wife is not paid, she is not expected to file written statements.

498A_Victim (service)     02 September 2016

Dear Kushboo,

Instead of delaying litigation and turning fruitful years into waste of time, Its better to clear the issues amicably and save precious time of life.

At

the end neither of u will win, but lose ....

Thanks to all..for clarification....but court has insisted to file WS first on the day of filing section 24 application ... please suggest the next step...

And please..tell me ..about the..date which which will be presumed as date of service of notice of application under Sec 24 to my husband ...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register