Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar   27 August 2016

Clarification on relinquishment deed

Hello,

I need your suggestions regarding a recent purchase of an agricultural land. The land was originally owned by say Mr X, who died intestate and is survived with his wife say Y and three daughters A,B and C.

After X's demise, the property was mutated in the pass books with two partitions, Y (mother) and A (first daughter) as the new owners.

These new owners (Y and A) have sold their respective land to Z via registered sale deed and signatures of B and C were also included in the deed just to avoid future litigations.

Finally I bought this land from Z recently via a registered sale deed.

So my questions are:

1. Do B and C have any right in the above said property as legal heirs?

2. My lawyer suggested to get a relinquishment deed from B and C in favor of me. But what I found on the internet is that the relinquishment deed is only done between legal heirs of a property.

3. Also, I think I read somewhere on the internet that the daughters would not have any rights on the ancestral property if their father passed away prior to the HSA amendment act in 2005. Please confirm.

Please review and advise.

Thank you,
Kumar

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 August 2016

You want to recheck your lawyer's advise or recheck the topics read by you thru internet!

Did you show the entire property related docs to your lawyer?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 August 2016

What is personal faith of X?

Agriculture is a state subject.

Were all transactions in accordance with rulese relevant to agriculture land of the state?

Kumar   28 August 2016

Hello Kumar Doab,

Thanks for the quick reply.

> Did you show the entire property related docs to your lawyer?

Yes, prior to the purchase and I have been told that title is clear.

> What is personal faith of X?

Not exactly sure what you mean by this. He is no longer alive.

>Were all transactions in accordance with rulese relevant to agriculture land of the state?

Yes.

I just want to know if the daughters B anc C have any rights in this property. If yes, then what do I need to do to get this resolved? As per my lawyer, I need to get a relinquishment deed from B and C in favor of me. I just want to get another opinion on this.

Thanks again.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 August 2016

You have posted that:

"What is personal faith of X?: Not exactly sure what you mean by this. He is no longer alive."

X is: say: Hindu, Muslim............?

Kumar   28 August 2016

Ok, Hindu. Thanks, Kumar

Kumar   28 August 2016

Ok, Hindu. Thanks, Kumar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register