LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sam (enginerr)     21 August 2016

How can i represent myself in court?

i read a news about Tea Seller who Took On And Defeated India's Biggest Bank With Just His Guts And Class 5 Education. he "lawyered up" by representing himself in court. what is lawyered up means and how can we represent our self in court . do we need permission or licensed or such things to represent.

Learning

4 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     21 August 2016

I very much agree with Mr. Ramesh Singh. Something is done best when one does it oneself. A lawyer does not know your case as intimately as yourself. Nowadays you can get any law any judgment from the internet if you are an educated person. If you are not an educated person you will have to depend on another person.

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     21 August 2016

There is no specific permission required to do the same. You may choose to do so at your own risk.

Augustine Chatterjee

Advocate & Solicitor at Law

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     27 August 2016

A knowledge of court practices and procedures is necessary especially in criminal cases. Often it is a game of wits between opposite parties, opposite lawyers if both have engaged lawyers, with the judge passively watching. Here an experienced lawyer has an advantage even if he does not truly represent his client. Do not go by what you see in cinema and TV serials.

sam (enginerr)     28 August 2016

i was not think of criminal cases but thinking smal civil case in mamlatdar,collector civil court etc. even thinking of lokadalat, can i fight my cases over there..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register