Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jakkireddysureshreddy (Education)     30 July 2016

Rights of a hindu second wife

Respected Advocates,

Does the second wife having no children in a HINDU Family can claim the rights in the second husbands Ancestral Property which is already gifted to his first wife children.At present the second husband had got no other ancestral property except the house which is also the ancestral property.

The other question is what could be the status of the second wife after the death of the second husband.Kindly advice me.

Regards,

Suri

Learning

7 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 July 2016

The query is not drafted properly?

Is it second marriage of both man and woman in the query?

How are you related with the matter?

Generically speaking; The first right shall be of children born thru own womb of legal wife.

Dear Kumar Doab,

Both the man and the wife are of second marriage.The man's first wife had died and the wife's first husband had died.And therefore both of them went for a second marrigae.But the query is that the man and his first wife had three children and the mans complete ancestral property had got gifted to the first wife children when the first wife was alive.After some years the first wife had died and now the man went for a second marriage with a woman whos first husband had also died.Now my question is that does the mans second wife can claim the rights in the gifted ancestral property to the mans first wife children.

Regards

Suri

The ancestarl property is from male lineage.

First fo all check if th nature of property is indeed ancestral.

Who has gifted? Was it registered gift deed?

The father can gift only upto his share and not the share of other co-sharers.

The Co-sharers are all children fathered by him.

As already suggested, For all of your queries in many threads, engage a vert able counsel for a considered opinion after due examination of all docs and inputs.

How are you related with the matter?

Dear Kumar Doab,

I am the Son and my father and mother had gifted the ancestral property to all his children like three daughters and myself through the registered gift deeds nearly 15 years back itself.There is no fight among us , we sisters and myself are living happily at different designations and positions.My query is does the HINDU SECOND WIFE ALONE WHO HAD GOT NO CHILDREN WILL get anu rights in the second husbands wife which had been already gifted to his children.

regards

suri

Dear Kumar Doab,

I am the Son and my father and mother had gifted the ancestral property to all his children like three daughters and myself through the registered gift deeds nearly 15 years back itself.There is no fight among us , we sisters and myself are living happily at different designations and positions.My query is does the HINDU SECOND WIFE ALONE WHO HAD GOT NO CHILDREN can claim any rights in the second husbands ancestral property which had been already gifted to his children.

regards

suri

As per your post apparently the second wife in ( Hindu family) question is legally wedded wife and property is ancestral.

Wife is not coparcener.

As already suggested, For all of your queries in many threads, engage a very able counsel for a considered opinion after due examination of all docs and inputs. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register