Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SWADHIN KUMAR JENA (LEGAL OFFICER)     02 February 2010

Consumer Court

Dear Expert, please guide me on my below queries,

1- i have taken admission for CFA course from ICFAI, Pune FC Road branch,Pune,  as on May-2007

- They suppose to provide me the coaching  classes for all subjects, for weekend batch, but they provides class in week days, which was impossible for me to attend,  due to my office, which i was informed them, and they assured me that, they will arrange weekend batch and inform me, but till date there is no reply  from them,i have paid arround 60,000.00 for the course.Seeking your suggestion, please guide me what shall i do. where should i go for making a case against them.

Learning

9 Replies

Sanjay (Member)     02 February 2010

you can file a complaint before the distt.consumer forum existing in the distt. where the said institute is situated. you can claim the refund of fees along with interest and also compensation for physical and mental harrasement.

AEJAZ AHMED (Legal Consultant/Lawyer)     02 February 2010

Dear Swadhin,

In support of  Sanjay's Reply, kindly go through this

Newshttps://www.thehindu.com/2009/05/11/stories/2009051158770500.htm

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     02 February 2010

File a complain in consumer forum. You can send them a legal notice before taking legal step also.

SWADHIN KUMAR JENA (LEGAL OFFICER)     02 February 2010

Sir, i am a Member of Bar Council of India, can i sent the Notice, or i have to consult any other Advocate 

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     02 February 2010

Even who is not a member can issue notice.

Sanjay (Member)     03 February 2010

No problem. Advocates do have a right to lodge and contest their cases. you can send legal notice on ur own behalf being a consumer and not as an advocate or through another advocate.

SWADHIN KUMAR JENA (LEGAL OFFICER)     03 February 2010

Sir, I have sent a Notice Today but i have mention my name and Advocate in Below to it, is there any problem , plz let me know.

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     03 February 2010

No problem.

SWADHIN KUMAR JENA (LEGAL OFFICER)     21 February 2010

Sir, with reference to above discussion, i have send Notice to their three offices and received two acknowledgement out of three, and also got a call from their legal advisor from Hyderabad saying that they are ready to settle the matter out of court but, they will only return my tuition fees, not total amount, but when i have argued with the matter then they said we'll let  me know within day or two, but it has already passed a week time, still i have not received any call from them, 

Sir, please suggest me what shall i do then, 

should i go for consumer court directly, 

or anything else, please help me sir, 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register