Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivas Rao V   04 July 2016

Neighbours nuisance

Dear Legal Professional,

I reside in a very qualified society. The problem is with the neighbour who are thick skinned people despite qualified. The problems with them are as follows:

1. There is a common compound wall between both houses. The tenants residing in the ground floor wash their clothes and put on common compound wall to dry. I objected not to put clothes on the compound wall. It is true that half of the compound wall widdth is theirs, but they should not escalate in to my half of the compound wall. I have requested the owner, but he turned deaf ear. It seems that they wantedly doing such things to harass us. Even the matter has been taken to the notice of president of the colony, but there has been no action. 

Kindly suggest me as to how to proceed further in the matter. 

Regards, 

Srinivas

Learning

16 Replies

JustAdvisor (IT)     04 July 2016

in my opinion - "de minimis non curat lex". in plain English, the law doesn't concern itself with trifles. invite your neighbour for a cup of tea and sort it out.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 July 2016

Talk it out.

If required keep more numbers of people in colony on your side.

Dear Just Advisor,

the law "doesn't concern itself with trifles"

Is there no solution to such deeds by the neighbour? Though it may be a small thing, but its very painful to bear on daily basis. If there is no solution to such deed then thick skinned people may wet their clothes even on the Hon'ble Judge's compound wall....!!!

Thanks for your comment.

Regards, 

Srinivas

Dear Kumar,

Who will come to speak on my side to tackle the thick skinned rogues, because it is not their problem... However, I have taken the photographs of the their nuisance, and I am trying to take the opinion of professionals in the lawyersclub site so as to find a legal solution...

Thanks, Kumar.

Regards,

Srinivas

Make a video with date and time. Send the photos and videos to owner, tenant, secretary, president  by email.

Claim damages.

Lodge police complaint for harassment.

If there is a society and president then what for it is there?

Try to keep like minded and sensible residents on your side. Try to talk it out.

If nothing has worked talk to your lawyer, in person.

Yes, Kumar. That is what exactly the opinion I am looking for. Thanks for your suggestions... Regards, Srinvias

Remain amiable, gentle.

Or the OP's may also react and act.

"the OP's may also react and act"

Yes, there has been no minus points on my side as I or my family do not escalate into others property...

Querist @ Srinivas Rao V,

Meet your family lawyer in person and understand finer nuances.

Online discussions have its own limitations.

Have a good day!

Vibha   04 July 2016

1. Present your thoughts about about blight and norms for community aesthetics to other members of your society and persuade society to make a rule in society about hanging clothes.

JustAdvisor (IT)     04 July 2016

Thank you Mr. Reddy!

Srinivas Rao V   05 July 2016

Hello, Vibha.

There is a dearth of sensible people in my locality. I tried my best to close this problem softly, but unfortunately the issue didn't solve accordingly. It seems that there is a strong commercial significance between the rogue neighbour and others in the locality. Hence, speaking to other sensible members is of no use. Presently, gathering as much evidence as possible to close the issue legally.

Thanks for your comment, Vibha.

Vibha   05 July 2016

Hmmm. I wonder what would happen if you "accidentally" spill coffee on your side of the compound wall? 

Srinivas Rao V   07 July 2016

I wonder what would happen if you "accidentally" spill coffee on your side of the compound wall? 

I clean it ! 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register