LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Technologist (Business owner)     29 January 2010

How to evict false Kudikitappu tenant?

The concept "kudikidappu" introduced through a Kerala land reform act in 1963 which still stays as it is with no subsequent reform whatsoever even though India and Kerala developed by leaps and no bounds makes no sense anymore. Many people who have homestead or any land in their names could be conveniently registered in some other person's name to circumvent laws to take advantage of kudikidappu, which to begin with is an utterly meaningless concept as the welfare of the people must be a burden of the government -not someone who happened to have private property.

My mother is a victim of the so called kudikidappu even though the tenant has a place of her own and enjoys homestead there for several years with her childcare working abroad and having modern homes of their own.

How is it possible to evict these frauds who are greedy of other peoples' land despite the fortune they have had by mercy and compassion of the landlord with no intent to reciprocate? Are there any other building lease acts or reforms that came into existence which could be applied to evict these parasite tenants?

It has come to the point that my mother has less money than the kudikidappu tenant.

Will any learned lawyer kindly advice on this matter as to how to file a motion of eviction to eject them out of the property?

Than you.

Learning

1 Replies

Technologist (Business owner)     31 January 2010

Please give advice on this matter

My mother is seriously thinking of filing an eviction action in the court to terminate the tenancy of the above mentioned tenant.

Kindly advice of the statues currently in existance under the revised Kerala Landreform Act and other pertaining laws in Kerala so that this trickster tenant could be evicted with no monetary handouts.

Thank you very much.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register