Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

u. srinivasa Rao (Manager HR)     30 January 2010

Transmission of un listed equity shares of the company

Dear Friends

ours is a 100 Export Oriented Unit.  recently our chairman & promoter Director of the Company was passed way  nad holds equity shares in his name.  Now his son and daughter-in-law both are NRIs has submited  an application to the company  to transmit  his father  shares to their  names .

Now I request   to all  friends kindly help me are suggest me   what are legal formalites  under which act it can settled

u. Srinivasa Rao

hyderabad

Learning

1 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     31 January 2010

Transmission is generally based on the Probate of Will, Legal Heir Certificate. In case the holder died intestate (without having a will) and his legal heirs request for the transmission of shares in their favour, the transmission may be considered on based on death certificate and affidavit cum indemnity in favour of the company, affirming that they are the sole legal heirs and in the event of any claim they will indemnify the company.  In the instant case, while the son is the legal heir, daughter in law is not the natural heir (unless there was a will or testament. Hence the transmission can be done first in favour of son. Thereafter, he can nominate his wife in the records of the company. In case his wife has name has to be included, it will be a transfer process and attract stamp duty (being a unlisted company face value or fair value can be adopted for stamp duty which is @0.25% of the value. This transaction does not need RBI approval. However, the member will be recorded as a NRI and the procedure for holding shares by NR would apply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register