Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gomes Agnelo (Home based)     22 June 2016

Refund of security deposit on termination of leave & licence

Sir,
Sub: Refund of Security Deposit after termination of Leave & Licence.
I am a Licencee. After end of 11 mths, the Licensor agreed to extend the Lease for another 11 months. He issued the new Agreement after one and half months. So he accepted a chq of Rs 34K for one month and the balance Rs 17K for 15 days was given to him in cash as per his request. No receipt was issued by him. The new Leave and License Agreement was then made from 1st June and the previous issue was closed. With the new agreement, i issued Rs 2L as initial security deposit to the Licensor. Now on termination, the licencee refuses to refund me the amount and demands the 15 days amount of Rs 17K which he has deducted, despite of having taken it in cash. He refuses to admit and demands proof when he himself had not issued us any receipt.
My question is:
1. In such a situation where the Agreement does not reflect the previous 15 days, is the Licensor justified in deducting the money or demanding any proof of the cash amount paid to him.
2. What legal action can be taken against the Licensor for violating the agreement
3. Is there any other solution to get back the dues that the Licensor owes us from our deposit

Experts please revert the best solution in this case.

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 June 2016

Sit together with experienced licensor people and settle the matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register